White Hall near Buxton, Derbyshire
White Hall is our most northerly centre, and a real beauty! It’s got 35 acres of grounds to explore, complete with low ropes and outdoor challenges. The indoor spaces are a lovely mix of grand and comfy, with lots of cosy snug spaces that also feature ornate fireplaces and Ionic columns. The dorms are not too big and not too small, with loads of space to unpack into. And they’re barrel-vaulted, for extra novelty-factor! White Hall is near Buxton, in the heart of the Peak District, and the surroundings are rugged and wild. Almost every window (and there are a lot of windows) has beautiful views out over the hills.
In previous years at White Hall we have:
- Headed into the Peak District for an expedition
- Had a go on the centre’s low ropes courses and climbing wall
- Built blanket forts in the Snug
- Headed into town to take on the £1 challenge
- Laid trails and clues for each other’s groups to follow
For some photos and further info, visit White Hall’s website.